Each year, local planners meet with the Membership of our SOUTHERN GEORGIAN BAY ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® to review the past year and tell us about upcoming news for each municipality. For your reading pleasure, below is a summary of the planning presentation from the Municipality of Meaford.
Rob Armstrong, Director of Development and Environmental Services gave us the following update:
Meaford is in year 4 of their Community Improvement Plan, and 2017 will see more improvement underway. To date the funding for this plan has all been in Façade Grants.
The Minister has announced funding for a new Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12 school, to be built on the old SVE site (expanded site – close to McDonald’s Furniture), which will replace the existing 3 schools
Secondary Suites: Zoning permits accessory apartments in all residential zones with the exception of Residential Multiple.
Building Activity: To the end of October, building permits issued and construction dollar values are all up significantly over same time 2015.
- Oak Meadows – 36 units under construction, and 6 duplexes approved
- Downtown Redevelopment – 2 phase development on the former Canadian Tire site will have 97 dwellings and some commercial
- Collingwood Street – 72 unit, 5 storey condominium (across from Market Square near Theatre)
- Legion Development – 72 unit, 5 storey condominium
- Meaford Haven – by the new medical clinic – 400 unit residential development with a Seniors Home, currently seeking a new partner
Other developments in process:
Gates of Kent (Centre/Union St): 6 unit Building Permit Issued
Golfview (Nelson & Pearson St) – Registered
Pinehurst (Sykes N) – Registered VLCC 27 lots – Barry’s Construction
Terracewood (Gordon Cres.) – 11 of 25 Building Permits Issued
Meaford Highlands – Application Dormant
Irwin Property / Soaring Club – Parkbridge Communities Purchased
Key development properties:
Harbour Moose – has some brownfield
Stanley Knight Property – buildings are gone, it’s for sale, and the family wants to make sure their vision for the property is respected